ABE’s parent organization, the Center for Clinical Social Work, warmly endorses the work of state clinical social work organizations and recommends that you become a member in your state. Your professional standing is largely dependent on how the public regards clinical social work, so these organizations deserve your support as they carry out, at the state level, functions such as:
- lobbying and tracking of legislation
- introduction/amendment of legislation
- interventions with payors and regulators
- workshop sponsorship
- colleague networking
- mentorship and consultation programs
- conferences & publications.